(Source: Middle East Concern)
Greetings in the name of Jesus, Prince of Peace
In August we requested further prayer for pastor Yousef Nadarkhani, imprisoned since October 2009. Yousef faces another court hearing this Saturday (8th September). Recall that his summons does not state the purpose of the hearing, though pastor Yousef has been informed verbally that he will face a new trial on different charges.
Recall that in September 2010 the Revolutionary Tribunal of Gilan Province found him guilty of apostasy and sentenced him to death – a verdict upheld by the Supreme Court in July 2011. In September 2011 he faced further court hearings during which he refused to recant his Christian faith. This apostasy conviction has not been rescinded.
In addition to pastor Yousef, at least 16 other believers remain detained in Iran because of their Christian faith and activities. These include pastor Behnam Irani, detained in Karaj, who continues to suffer poor health. Last month it was reported that Behnam has been denied access to adequate medical treatment and that he remains very ill.
Iranian Christians rejoice that Yousef’s life has been spared thus far. They request our continued intercession that:
- Yousef’s death sentence will be revoked, his conviction overturned and any further charges against him dropped
- Yousef, his wife, Fatemeh, and their two sons will know the comfort, presence and hope of Jesus, and that the family will be reunited soon
- Behnam will know the healing touch of Jesus, that and he, his wife, Christine, and their daughter and son, will know the presence of Jesus, and that this family will be reunited soon
- All believers in Iran facing trials because of their faith will know the Spirit’s guiding wisdom
- Those detained for their faith will know the presence and peace of Jesus, remain strong in their faith and clear in their witness and testimony
- Christians throughout Iran will not be intimidated but will know the Lord’s enabling and guidance
- All officials involved will love mercy, act justly, learn about Jesus and choose to follow Him.