“Jaime is bringing people to church,” said the team member in the Dominican Republic. “Jaime was freed from his addiction to drugs. He is active in the local church. His passion is evident as he brings others to church to meet Jesus.”
Pray for God’s blessings on Jaime as he is involved in Kingdom work.
“They are afraid of their neighbors,” said the team member in an Asia Pacific country. “Mr. and Mrs. N are new believers and we are discipling them in their home. The couple wants to go to church but live in a resistant area. They are concerned for their safety should their neighbors learn of their new faith.”
Pray for those who live in gospel resistant countries to remain strong in their faith.
“They apologized and begged our forgiveness,” said the team member in a South Asia country. “We were showing the JESUS Film in a village when two young men shouted at us to stop the showing. They used abusive language and forcibly told the people to stop watching. We prayed for the village and young men and then left. We returned two days later and were approached by the young men asking us to forgive their actions. They wanted to know about Jesus. They helped us set up another showing in the village. We praise God for changing the hearts of these young men.”
Praise God for making the hearts of these young men receptive to His love.
Praises and Prayer Requests:
-Pray for the Ministry Trip group from Laramie, Wyoming as they are in Peru working with a national JESUS Film team to help share God’s love (June 13 -26)
– Pray for the JFHP partners traveling in the Turks and Caicos as they witness the work of God through the JESUS Film (June 15 – 21)
– Pray for the Jacksonville, Florida Ministry Trip group as they make final plans to travel to Brazil to deliver equipment and see JESUS with the people (June 22- July 1)
– Please pray for each person attending the upcoming World Challenge event Chicago, IL on June 22nd. Pray for the staff and hosts as they make final preparations for the event. Pray for the Lord to speak to people’s hearts as they consider financially supporting His ministry. For more information about World Challenge events, call Trish or Patty at 913-663-5700.
– Sri Lanka Update – Join with us in prayer for the last two (2) equipment sets to be funded for Sri Lanka by June 30th. Make a gift by calling 913-663-5700 Ext 100.
– Praise God for a partnership facilitated by Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) with Missionary Ventures International (MVI) to join forces with JFHP to provide 100 motorbikes to indigenous JESUS Film workers. MVI has committed to providing an estimated $250,000 for JFHP teams to receive motorbikes to be able to reach locations more quickly and efficiently.
JESUS Film teams have reported 61,633,461 evangelistic contacts* from January 1998 through June 2012. Of these contacts, 11,263,179 (18.3% of contacts) have indicated decisions for Christ with 4,334,867 (38.5% of decisions) initial discipleship follow-ups. There have been 31,898 preaching points started.