Jesus Film Update – May 23, 2012


“We showed the JESUS Film to 100 people,” said the team leader in South Asia. “The people watched closely and at the end acknowledged Jesus has supreme power over demons. They understood He died to save us from our sins and eternal life is available only through Christ. They asked to know more about following Jesus. During our follow up visits, many families accepted Jesus as their Savior.”
Pray for the new believers in gospel resistant countries to remain strong in their faith and fellowship with other believers.

“The films are a good outreach tool,”
said the team member in Brazil. “The JESUS Film and Magdalena (the JESUS Film for women) was well received in the neighborhood. We were invited to the area as part of a coordinated outreach effort.”
Praise God for the variety of tools He provides to help demonstrate His love for us all.

“Praise God for the things He has done in us and through us,”
said the team member in the Philippines. “Due to rainy weather conditions, we decided to have our showing inside the home of a local woman named Maria. There were 10 adults and 15 children present. At the end of the show, a challenge to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior was given. Each person responded positively. They are now holding a regular Bible study every Sunday afternoon.”
Pray for the believers in the Philippines as they meet in house churches to study God’s Word.

Praises and Prayer Requests:

– Praise God for the work which has begun in Sri Lanka with the new backpacks delivered by David.
– Pray for Jeff from Virginia as he makes final arrangements to deliver two backpacks to JESUS Film Harvest Partners (JFHP) teams in Sri Lanka next week.
– Praise God for these two individuals traveling at their own expense to deliver four (4) solar-power backpacks to Sri Lanka this month! By faith, JFHP provided these four backpacks.
PRAISE God! He has honored our faith by providing the funding for all four backpacks being delivered this month. Our hope was to have the funds by May 31st! God is good. Thank you for your prayers! To the individuals and families, Faith Community Church of the Nazarene in Omaha, NE, and Monte Vista Church of the Nazarene in Colorado, we express our thanks for responding to this financial need.

Current Need for the Sri Lanka Harvest:

  • There are five (5) other trained teams of Sri Lankans waiting for solar-powered backpacks to carry to the harvest fields! Please pray for God to lift up five people or groups/churches willing to raise their own travel expenses to deliver backpacks. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Rusty Robbins at rrobbins@JFHP.org or 913-663-5700 Ext 103.
  • Please join with us in prayer for the additional funds for this equipment ($4,000 each). If you would like to make a gift, please call 913-663-5700, ask for Melissa.

Sri Lanka is south of India and slightly larger than the state of West Virginia, with a population of over 21 million people. Only 6% of the population is identified as Christian. The people have suffered loss in the 2004 tsunami and a 26-year civil war with over 135,000 dead in a country where only 6% are believers. What about the other 94%? The JESUS Film country leaders have devised an aggressive plan using the JESUS Film to help tell the remaining 94% of the population about God’s love. Join with us in prayer for resources to be moved to teams waiting for equipment and sponsorships.
JESUS Film teams have reported 61,382,693 evangelistic contacts* from January 1998 through May 2012. Of these contacts, 11,196,733 (18.2% of contacts) have indicated decisions for Christ with 4,294,614 (38.4% of decisions) initial discipleship follow-ups. There have been 31,426 preaching points started.
*
JESUS Film and other tools

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Jesus Film and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s